The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

LoSenior

Hi,
I'm new to the Sony Group. I just purchased a A900 with a CZ 135. I was going to start with the CZ 24-70 but they didn't have one in stock. I wanted to get started and went for the 135. WOW, what a combination.
I'll be getting the 24-70 in a couple weeks and I should be good to go for a while.

I want to say a very big thank you to Jorge and his help in finding a great camera store, it's about a 2 hour drive for me and well worth the it
Another big Thank You to Terry for sharing her first impressions on the A900 and her positve words.

I have been using Canon Cameras for 40+ years and I'm really pleased with the switch to Sony and Zeiss.

I have Capture One that came with my DL4 and I'm trying to use it with Raw from the Sony. I'm having problems with getting my Raw images ready for printing. I'm not sure how to move the images into PS Elements, I'll probably end of getting Light Room if that is needed. I'm hoping to get things working with what I have. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

I find the Sony Forum a great resource and you are all very helpful and positive.

Thanks, Jerry

Terry

Congrats Jerry,
Good luck with the new setup. The 135 is quite a lens. A bit of a beast but a beast that I don't mind carrying.
I'm not the biggest help on exporting from C1.
With the D-lux4 do you get a special deal on upgrading to C1 pro?

LoSenior

Hi Terry,
Thanks,I can upgrade to Pro for $199.00. I'm planning on the upgrade but would like to feel a bit more at ease with it first.
Really enjoyed your Pride Parade pictures along with the one's that you posted from your workshop.
The combination of the A900 plus the 135 is a handful. I found that it works much better using some common sense, balance with the lens and not the camera grip.
Again, Thanks for your help.
Jerry

P

panyawong

Jerry;
Welcome to the sony dpi forum. I just acquire a 135 myself and when look at person face at 100%, it can be scarely on how many facial imperfections are there.

LoSenior

Pany,
Thanks,

I haven't taken any portrait pictures yet, just a few of my old dog and he is looking pretty good.
I'm going to try using the 135 at my grandson's football camp as an action telephoto lens.
I've been working with Capture One and using the magnifier and it's looking pretty good to me on how I can bring the pictures to size. It's almost like using a zoom lens. I put the A900 on ACf and took some shots of a Seagul flying by and then magnified the pictures in C1. I know that this is not a replacement for a telephoto lens, but 24MB does give a bit of room for some experimentation.
I'll have to see how it goes with a 15 year old FB player vs a seagul. I hope to get some nice close up pictures of him in addition to some action shots.
I've taken some garden pictures and the depth of field is a real learning experience, the background becomes a more important part of the picture than I realized.
This is all pretty basic stuff to most of the members on this forum but to me is so much fun to be enjoying photography again.

Sony and Zeiss are a fantastic combination.

Regards, Jerry