The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

I'm new here...

P

Paolo7780

Hi!

I'm new to this forum. I'm really impressed with the quality of the photographers of this community.

:shocked:

I'd like to share my experience with Sony/Minolta system and learn more!

Paolo

durrIII

Welcome. What Sony system do you use? I am considering getting into the Sony world and would love some input. Thanks. -Durr

dhsimmonds

Hi Paolo

Welcome to this forum. I look forward to your future posts and images. I use the a900 with CZ 24-70, CZ16-35, Sony G 70-300 and 100 macro. You will get a lot of very useful information and help if needed here.

jonoslack

HI There Paolo
Welcome to the site - you'll find lots of good information here - and not too many silly arguments!

FWIW I shoot an A900, and I've got more lenses than I meant to buy:

12-24 Sigma
24-70 Zeiss
135 f1.8 Zeiss
100 Sony macro
70-300 Sony G
20 f2.8 Sony
50 f1.4 Sony
24-105 Minolta.

douglasf13

Welcome to the friendliest Sony forum on the web, Paolo. If you look through the first few pages of past threads, you'll find lots of info. Personally, I'm an A900 shooter with a bunch of lenses, but, oddly, I'm currently attempting to only use 50mm lenses to shake things up a bit :)

P

Paolo7780

Thanks!

I own A900, Dynax7 and these primes

24mm f2.8 RS
28mm f2 RS
35mm f1.4 G
50mm f1.4
100mm f2

I love streetphotography, so you'll forgive me the lack of "long" lenses ;)
I'm happy to see that there are lots of CZ users!

peterv

Welcome Paolo! Very nice people and good information here indeed!
I first visited this forum in march, and from there it's gone downhill awfully fast :)
Coming from Leica, I can tell you that I'm extremely happy with my Alpha stuff.
Started out with an a900 and a CZ 85 1,4 and than quickly after that the CZ 16-35, the CZ 135 1,8, the Sony 500 8,0 and another a900 to have two bodies...

Last week I bought a Dynax 7 (because it works flawlessly with the SSM and I still like film) and a Minolta 35-105.
Do you still use your Dynax 7?

Eoin

Hi Paolo, a warm welcome here from me also. As the others have said, lots of info here and temptation for new lenses.

P

panyawong

Paolo;
Welcome. I agree with Douglas that this is the friendliest forum around, and probably the most knowledgeable professionally as well.