The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Lense upgrade possible?

Cerebus

Greetings:
I'm new to these forums and looking forward to learning from all of you.

I own a 85mm f1.4 lense, and since there are G and RS versions of the lense, I've wondered if its possible to upgrade my lense to some of those specs. I'm not thinking of element changes or anything complex, but would it be possible to use the focusing gears from the RS for instance to speed up focusing? I'm wondering if there are some parts that can just be swapped out pretty easily as part of regular maintenance.

thanks,
eric

ecsh

Unless you do this for a living, i cannot imagine any regular maintenance of the lens other than keeping it clean. There are no user serviceable parts in the lens themselves, as far as i know.
:rolleyes:

Cerebus

I wouldn't do it myself. I was wondering if a certified repair service, i.e. Sony, could do something like this. I guess the thing to do is to ask them.

eric