The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New GRD2, first shots

H

helgipelgi

I recently gave in and bought myself a Ricoh GRD2, and thought I'd post some "first roll" shots.

Haven't had a lot of time to play with it, but I'm really enjoying it so far. It did take me a day or two to warm to the thing, but then something clicked and now I love it!

gromitspapa

I like these, too, especially the first and third ones. I noticed the color profile is Adobe RGB, which will looked faded on the web to those without an Apple computer, which takes into account the profile. Convert them to sRGB and they'll look better. Also, post the full size ones!

nostatic

have you tried making #1 B&W? I love all the textures and angles in that shot, and it might really work doing the high contrast thing.

Or not. I've been wrong quite a few times ;)

H

helgipelgi

Thanks all, and regarding BW; I decided to work primarily in color with the GRD, mostly for the sake of continuity. I've always been tempted to use black and white when I think it works better for a particular image, but I find that deciding on it beforehand works better in the long run.

Oh, and thanks for the Adobe RGB tip. I use Macs both at home and at work, so I didn't even think about it.

Here are some more from today: