The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GR-DII shooters favorite settings...

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
What are your favorite setting, ISO, Image quality, RAW vs JPEG, color space, etc.

Just how are you'll setting them up and personalizing them?

ShiroKuro

I had the same thoughts when I first got this camera thinking there were some special combinations the more experienced could share ...... After some time with this camera changing settings becomes quite intuitive and can be done quickly .... all the settings become useful and important depending on the situation at hand ....

Raw Mode 3:2 (9M)
Color Space Adobe RGB ....... Though I am not sure if this matters if shooting in Raw ...
Does a Raw file have a color space ? Seems I read somewhere in another thread it does not ....

I like manual exposure mode ...... just discovered that if you press the zoom button the exposure value is reset to the appropriate exposure setting .....
I also use the exposure compensation all the time ...

My Mode 1
Snap Mode @ f4.0/ Raw 3:2
Black and White

My Mode 2
Focus Snap @f5.6 /Jpg. F 3:2 (9M)
Continuous Mode
Exposure metering Multi
ISO Auto-High Auto 400

Zoom Button Expo. CMP
AF Aux.Light off
Fn Set. My Set. on
ADJ Lever Set 1 Focus