The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Minolta af 28 135

J

Jamesmd

Hi all ,just came back from la Coruña , north west Spain ,visiting my father in law , and he gave me a minolta af 28 135 he had in a wall drove for years ,and its great , I almost used it all the time , I think its a great lens for travel when you cant take all that you would like with you. It does have some viñeting but nothing you cant mend later .

Anybody has one ? , what do you think

cheers

James

He also had a sigma 70 210 I didn't try jet , and a fisheye I have to find an adaptor

The 28-135 is a fabulous lens, sought after by those who know about it and don't already have something better(many times the $). A bit slow for some but if you get a good copy it's hard to fault it. Mine is very sharp between f5.6 & f11, even going to f16 without objectionable diffraction at some focal lengths.

G

Goldencode

I bought one this year...mine is very sharp opened up one stop. Really like the added reach for my style of shooting. Beautiful Minolta colors and bokeh. A nit is the 5 foot minimum close focusing. It is unique as it is a rear focus design which is VERY fast. This is my fav walk around lens. Most that I see for sale are in the ~$350.00 range.
No plastic on this lens, nice build quality of metal and glass.

Terry

Can you compare or contrast this to the 24-105? The 24-105 is slightly faster and has done nicely for me on the A900.

J

Jamesmd

Hi all , just came back from holidays :( , I only took this lens and a CZ 80 1.4 and I must say I'm really happy with the minolta , very very nice . (just a little slow some time )

Teb , I can't compare because I don't have or had that lens , so sorry .

Cheers . I'll send some pic

James

J

Jamesmd

well here are some with this lens , hope you like

cheers

James

Last edited: