The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Stem Cell / Bone Marrow Transplant

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Donating Stem Cells

Separation Machine

Finished product ready to go

Happy recipient, my sister Barbara

-bob

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Best wishes to your sister and you Bob!

:thumbs:

(PS: That hospital needs some new photographic artwork for the walls --- hint hint!)

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
I hear that she is asking for a Martini, so I think they must be kicking in.

D

ddk

Hope she gets well soon, best of luck to both of you!

Thanks for clarifying the situation Jack, I had no idea what I was looking at.

Terry

Bob,
Glad you were finally able to do the donation. Hope all goes well. See you soon....also, can't believe the iPhone wasn't contraband in the hospital (some are still uptight!).

Terry

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Terry, that was an enightened place.
No cell reception due to the lead lined room, but wifi everywhere.
The usual warnings on trying to access "inappropriate" sites, like most of the outside world, but an easy click through for us invaders.
Barbara has four sisters and three brothers rooting for her as well as Mom and all the grandkids (maybe 15 at last count not to mention a couple of great-grand kids). So she just HAS to do well.
thanks everyone for all the good wishes
-bob

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Twelve days after the transplant, her white count began to go up from zero.
Sixteen days, she was well enough to be discharged from the hospital.
Twenty days and now her blood count is NORMAL; reds, white, platelets, the works.
It is a little odd, but the procedure changed her blood type from O neg (hers) to O pos (mine).
Thank God this technology worked.
-bob