The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Stem Cell / Bone Marrow Transplant

beamon

Way to go, Bob, Sis and all! Looks like a great start on the road to wellness.

Is her preference for an actual dash of vermouth or the perfume atomizer treatment that is in use here?

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks folks, we are all pleased as can be.
Of course, the whole family expects that her taste for martinis will drift in te direction of bone-dry Hendricks
-bob

eleanorbrown

Bob, these treatments can work wonderfully. A good friend had this done quite a few years ago and he and his wife joined my husband and I on our Antarctica trip this past year. He has had no sign of recurring disease. His brother did for him what you did for your sister. Eleanor

jonoslack

Wonderful Bob - and great story Eleanor

I hope it works out really well - best wishes to you and your sister.

shtarka1

Just came upon this post & am extremely happy for the outcome Bob! I hope everything is still going well!
My wife has a fifth grade student who needs a bone marrow transplant asap. We had a very large drive in Avon,Ma 2 weeks ago. There will be another drive i believe in the next week or so in Dorchester. There was a nice article about her in the Boston Globe by Bob Ryan & a bit on her on channel 7 news also, so we are hoping for the best! Tatyana Abrams is her name & she is a true little Angel! Continued Health to you dear sister!

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
She is doing fine, gaining weight and growing her hair back.
Tests now indicate that her blood is 100% mine (way cool).
thanks!
-bob

Burro39

Bob I rarely post on the forum. I watch a lot and have been amused and delighted by you folks over the last year. I am 70 years old and still work for a company that does testing on bone marrow etc that helps doctors make decisions as to what will be the best direction for patient treatment. I have worked for this company (Genzyme Genetics) for fifteen years mainly in the area of securing inbound shipments for testing and never thought that my interest in photography would link me to someone on the other end of my efforts that is actually benefiting from what we do. I think this interaction that we have with cameras and internet is fantastic. The good side of what could be used for bad. So glad that things are going well. Things in medicine are going well to combat the big C and to think that our mutual interest in photography can spread that news is just fantastic. I applaud you for sharing this with the rest of us. Helps us to keep things in balance! Thanks, Paul