The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Oregon Workshop Images

Dale Allyn

Great stuff, folks.

Here are a few from the P45+, last night we caught some nice light:

Then right after the light faded, I put everything away --- 2 minutes later the sky went nutz. Scrambling, I caught this before it faded for good:

I love the image at top of post #15, Jack. Really nicely done.

And that last light "sucker punch" after the gear is in the bag has caught me a couple of times there. Just when one thinks it's done for the night, there's a last-light bonus. :)

Terry

Bob and I didn't have a lot of time to stop and smell the roses this morning but we did manage to stop in Harris Beach

Then a couple from the afternoon

steflaurent974

WOW, you guys will have a lot of fun, this looks like a wonderfull place and I would have love to join you. Well Reunion Island is quite far : 10h flight to Paris + 8 hours to NY + Oregon flight ....brrrrrr noway.

But if you once make a move in Europe, I'll join you for sure. Have a nice workshop and grab us a lot of images ( By the way wonderfull shoreline shots).

Stephane.

Diane B

Bob and I didn't have a lot of time to stop and smell the roses this morning but we did manage to stop in Harris Beach

Then a couple from the afternoon

The first has that otherwordly feel caught nicely.

The second with the people gives an entirely different viewpoint---without the context of the human size, I really didn't have a feel for the size of the rocks (even though its obvious from size of trees, etc---but you don't get the impact until the humans are inserted). What a wonderful place to shoot.

Joan

Wow, these are all wonderful! I sure wish I had the dough to attend one of your workshops, Jack & Guy, maybe someday if my ship (Lotto) comes in. But it's sure great to come here and drool over the pictures.

Can't wait to see MORE! :thumbs::thumbs:

Terry

Lovely Stuff everyone . .. are those really people on that beach Terry?
No Jono I just dropped them in... and made sure to properly place their footprints in the sand....:ROTFL:

I have lots of different versions but that one is best because they are close to the edge so there weren't as many footprints to clone.

Lisa

Some gorgeous beach photos, all. When I was in southern Oregon a year or two ago, Harris Beach was my favorite. I recognize a number of those rock formations in your photos!

Lisa

M

meilicke

We will have tons.I shot the GF1 yesterday and this could take days to post them.Yes that is a clue I really like it :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:
Guy, it sounds like you like the GF1 quite a bit more than the G1? Or is it more the 'new toy factor'? :D

-Scott

woodyspedden

Here are a few from the P45+, last night we caught some nice light:

Then right after the light faded, I put everything away --- 2 minutes later the sky went nutz. Scrambling, I caught this before it faded for good:

Hey Jack

Reminds me of the first workshop in Yosemite where everyone but me (thank heavens) buttoned up at Tunnel View after the sun went down. Fifteen minutes later alpenglow like I have never experienced it at Yosemite. I ended up with one of my all time favorite images.

Only mention this because we commonly shut down too early at sunset. Some of the most spectacular images occur well after sunset and we should be prepared to get them.

JMHO

Woody

jonoslack

No Jono I just dropped them in... and made sure to properly place their footprints in the sand....:ROTFL:

I have lots of different versions but that one is best because they are close to the edge so there weren't as many footprints to clone.
:p:p:p
I didn't mean the middle picture, but the last one (no footprints there). I was thinking they were birds, but they seem to be in the sea as well.

N

nei1

What a beautiful place..........Guy,youre a real advert for medium format,there"s a definate walk in quality to youre work.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Couple shots from that lonely P30+ back I own.:D The light was pretty bad rained all day and reason we spent the day in class with Doug teaching C1 Pro Version 5 . Actually the last beta before release

We were all in class yesterday so only got out for a late shoot. Today is a all day shooting day with a special report coming on a very unique camera back. This report you just got to see