The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Oregon Workshop Images

V

Vivek

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That alone would have been worth the visit for me!

Jack, Is the IR shot from that back?

(I see Guy has posted an IR shot. From a GF-1?!)

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did that from CS4 under Black and White presets . Pretty cool

Guy Mancuso

Just working on some processing stuff and playing .P30+ with 28mm

I reprocessed this . Need to dust spot later

Terry

Another take on the sunken boat with a processing assist to Jack. This is from my Sony and we did a side by side C1 and Lightroom processing. This is the Lightroom version but the C1 version actually looks a bit better.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Vivek:

Nope, my monochromes were all processed from standard images.

I can tell you the mono back is very unique -- definitely can render a notable amount more on per-pixel detail than the equivalent Bayer back and has a notable amount of additional DR> Actual quantitative differences are tough to quantify, but if you accept my gut hunch, I would say roughly 50% more effective resolution and an additional 1/2 stop of DR, especially notable in the shadow details.

Moreover is via filter choice, you can shoot full-spectrum, visible light only, heavy IR, or broad-band (no UV) images. The UV/IR cut filtered visible light images are the sharpest if focus is perfect, but the other options give you very unique looks. I suspect this back will be delivering "surprise" images for a while, with results only getting more interesting as users get experience in extracting all it has to offer.

:D,

Terry

On the way back to San Francisco by way of Avenue of the Giants. Bob and I came across an incredible spot.

Here is why the name "Avenue of the Giants" is appropriate!

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Awesome representation of one of the "giants" Terry! (FWIW to readers that may not know him, Bob is over 6 feet tall!)

V

Vivek

Hi Vivek:

Nope, my monochromes were all processed from standard images.

I can tell you the mono back is very unique -- definitely can render a notable amount more on per-pixel detail than the equivalent Bayer back and has a notable amount of additional DR> Actual quantitative differences are tough to quantify, but if you accept my gut hunch, I would say roughly 50% more effective resolution and an additional 1/2 stop of DR, especially notable in the shadow details.

Moreover is via filter choice, you can shoot full-spectrum, visible light only, heavy IR, or broad-band (no UV) images. The UV/IR cut filtered visible light images are the sharpest if focus is perfect, but the other options give you very unique looks. I suspect this back will be delivering "surprise" images for a while, with results only getting more interesting as users get experience in extracting all it has to offer.

:D,
Thank you, Jack!:)

If the Kodak, spectral charts are any true indication, it should be possible to shoot UV (with appropriate lenses/filters) as well.

My problem is, if I sell off all my UV lenses(on a good day), I will (barely) be able to fund the achromatic back and then be without any of them to use it for UV. :eek:

I have an invitation to see the sCMOS (http://www.scmos.com/corporate/) demonstrated. Not sure if I will be able to though. Things are progressing in those fronts well, even when it comes to smaller sensors.

I eagerly look forward to you account and experience with the achromatic back.:)

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Yesterday was a great day to shoot.
Here are a few just quickly processed.

-bob

Guy Mancuso

Nice Bob you got that nice reflection in the water on the second one. Like the last one as well , like driving right up to the tree . LOL

Dale Allyn

You "guys" have done great. Inspires me to get back up to that area soon. I like shooting there and you all have whetted my appetite to revisit it. Hope you all had a great time. Keep the images coming!