The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Oregon Workshop Images

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Then on top of that we handed him a piece of Chocolate fudge with walnuts. Despite the fact that we were good to him and got him the sugar free they somehow managed to pack 1 1/2 lbs of butter into a 1/4 lb piece of fudge! :eek:

And don't tell us you shared most of it!!! :bugeyes:
:ROTFL: Oh yeah, that too!!! I totally forgot about that one. But the full sugar stuff you and I had was probably the best fudge I ever tasted :D

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Then on top of that we handed him a piece of Chocolate fudge with walnuts. Despite the fact that we were good to him and got him the sugar free they somehow managed to pack 1 1/2 lbs of butter into a 1/4 lb piece of fudge! :eek:

And don't tell us you shared most of it!!! :bugeyes:
I tried to share but NO everyone wanted the sugar to boot.:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Guy Mancuso

You may scare people showing crops from a P65. LOL

You can go to a P40+ or P45+ bud . Make those small baby steps upwards.:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

KETCH ROSSI

Looks like these guy's are looking for a little Fish and Chips if you ask me. LOL
GF1 with kit lens
Nice shots Guy, those birds shots look like they come right out of Hitchcock's 1963 BIRD's!

Btw, again I must say how beautiful all of your images posted here are, amazing stuff!!

Guy Mancuso

Couple from the P30+ with the 45D lens. This lens became pretty popular on the workshop three where purchased.

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Guy - those are beautiful. I like the second one with the water and the silvery tree in the foreground leading you into the frame.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Home and doing some processing. From the first evening at Bandon Beach:

-bob

scatesmd

Workshop Member
Here is a different take on some of the Oregon sites.

First, I liked the colors of the shipwreck, so I thought I'd over-do it a bit. This is an HDR from 3 P1 645 photos.

The second photo is the Natural Bridge in a fairly dense fog. Just for laughs, I put it through Lucis Pro to see how much of the fog I could cut through.

I also shot the same scene in IR with the M8.

Also, an old gas pump from the Marina as the sun went down.

Dinner at Bandon, I think, with the 24/1.4 on an M8, wide open at ISO 2500.

Finally, Oregon coast in IR with M8.

Thanks, steve

Guy Mancuso

Steve really nice here , some interesting shots and processing techniques. Glad you posted them. Love the gas pump

scatesmd

Workshop Member
Hi Guy,

I need to check settings here. The photo in the restaurant and the HDR look quite different (more saturated, much softer, different WB) than they did on my screen. I'll see if I can figure out how I did it differently.

Is there a difference between Jack's web actions that say P45 vs those that do not that may have mattered?

steve

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Hi Guy,

I need to check settings here. The photo in the restaurant and the HDR look quite different (more saturated, much softer, different WB) than they did on my screen. I'll see if I can figure out how I did it differently.

Is there a difference between Jack's web actions that say P45 vs those that do not that may have mattered?

steve
Hi Steve:

The images look pretty good on my monitor -- boat wreck is highly saturated with soft, etherial background, mono IR is contrasty and slightly soft as IR is, others look more "normal."

There is a difference on my web actions, but not for color or contrast, only detail. The P45+ set should not be used on files under 20MP while the regular can conceivably be used for any file size, though the P45+ set will render sharper web images from 22+MP files. Both sets convert the files to sRGB jpegs, so they will look slightly different than Prophoto or even Adobe RGB images viewed on a color-managed system -- basically sRGB will have less saturation in highly saturated colors.

scatesmd

Workshop Member
Thanks Jack,

I'll see what I did at home, as some are from the M8, some from the P1, and I might have mixed them up.

steve