The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A Lady of The Leland

irakly

This is from a yesterday's shoot. I am blessed with the best support crew :)
The Leland Hotel is one of the weirdest places in Detroit. Some floors look like a bomb went off there. Yet the place is full of both guests and long-term tenants...
Contax 645/P25, 3.5/55, Broncolor C80

D

ddk

Good to see you touring and posting again Irakly, beautiful and timely image!

Terry

I'm trying to process the elements and understand why each item is there. Where is Hans Albert (inside joke from DPReview) when I need him.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
The lighting is excellent and the treatment that you have given it seems in keeping with the scene. I'm troubled by the camera angle because it makes her hips and stomach look (big) out of proportion, and that area keeps drawing my eye to it.

HansAlbert

I'm trying to process the elements and understand why each item is there. Where is Hans Albert (inside joke from DPReview) when I need him.

At your service, madam.
My idea: this is Marie Antoinette. She was married in 1770, but had to wait for seven years – a visit of her brother reminded her husband – until her marriage was finally consummated. In this image she expresses her readiness to consummate marriage; her doffed shoes signal privacy, and the puppet prince on the chair refers to the principal purpose of her being there: to produce an heir to the throne. But why is she fully dressed, not a tad nude and seductive? Maybe, the image wants to show her in the frustraiting long wait, or, secondly, that she is to produce – unemotionally – an heir to the throne, as the dauphine, and nothing else. Anyway, as a photo of Irakly, this is an alienating, boosting aspect.