Site Sponsors

Thread: Daily Landscape #4

Shelby Lewis

Daily Landscape #4

The pace of these posts is about to slow with the holidays over so don't worry if I'm overposting ... but here are a few more quick workups from today's walk. More dam images:

abstract:

not happy with the overall tone of this one... had trouble adding "richness" without killing the blacks or screwing up the mid-tones:

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Daily Landscape #4

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby Lewis View Post
    The pace of these posts is about to slow with the holidays over so don't worry if I'm overposting ... but here are a few more quick workups from today's walk. More dam images:

abstract:

not happy with the overall tone of this one... had trouble adding "richness" without killing the blacks or screwing up the mid-tones:
    I'm enjoying your journey here. Thanks for sharing. I particularly like the composition of the second image.

Shelby Lewis

Re: Daily Landscape #4

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    I'm enjoying your journey here. Thanks for sharing. I particularly like the composition of the second image.
    Thanks.

I like the first one more, tonally, but I cropped it a hundred ways and it's still not right. As it stands now, I think it could use less of the bottom and left... but I got tired of messing with it and just "put it out there", lol.

Thanks Lloyd!