The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

too much of a cliché? a nice sunrise

W

Wim van Velzen

hi all,

A good sunrise can be spectacular, but to many it is a bit of a photographic cliché. Agreeing with that, I tend to have not too much sunrises in my portfolios.

But this time it was just too splendid not to share: a glorious sunrise.

Do you agree or I am just a romantic old fart?

S

Shelby Lewis

I don't think beauty is ever cliché. It's hard enough to come by as it is... and I think photographing it is ALWAYS warranted :thumbup:

Pretty photographs. I enjoyed them. If you don't mind me asking... what's the thought process behind the high level of saturation? I'm not saying it's good or bad... just interested in your take on it. I tend to go the exact opposite, so I'm always interested in seeing if someone actually has a reason for using such saturated colors... or if it just feels right. Both are fine by me!

Thanks for sharing!
Shelby

W

Wim van Velzen

Thanks for your comments!

Shelby, good question. I don´t see my own work as being so saturated. This particular sunrise was very colourfull, but I processed (Phocus, than CS4, about the same settings) it the same way as I always do.

Do you think this portfolio is equally highly saturated:Isle of Seil?