The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Salton Sea Workshop - Images

T

tetsrfun

Steve, a normal car will be fine for most places, just don't venture too far off any main roads -- lot's of pot-holes, broken glass, nails chunks of metal, etc. Also note that many of the "cities" in and around the Salton Sea still have residents, the area is (very) depressed economically, and like any other similar area one needs to exercise caution when photographing there, especially if doing so alone -- so be extra careful! The 10 has the advantage of taking you right past the South entrance to Joshua Tree NP.
Thanks for the help....I hadn't considered the socio-economic issues....I appreciate how willing you and Guy are to share your experience...Both of you put a lot of time, effort and money into the workshops and sharing your insights is very generous, IMHO.

Steve

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I did get a flat tire or nail in my Lexus SUV . Made it home though. Coming from Tucson though you maybe better going I-8 and go through Brawley. It would be faster since I 8 is much closer to Tucson. Or go to Gila Bend and go north to I-10 for a little shortcut before leaving AZ. I frequently drive to San Diego and we go down to I8 that way

T

tetsrfun

I did get a flat tire or nail in my Lexus SUV . Made it home though. Coming from Tucson though you maybe better going I-8 and go through Brawley. It would be faster since I 8 is much closer to Tucson. Or go to Gila Bend and go north to I-10 for a little shortcut before leaving AZ. I frequently drive to San Diego and we go down to I8 that way
Thanks..The GF will fly to Tuscon this weekend for a meeting....the 10 day forecast looks good for that part of the country...so I'll drive and do a 4k mile loop.

Steve

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Thanks..The GF will fly to Tuscon this weekend for a meeting....the 10 day forecast looks good for that part of the country...so I'll drive and do a 4k mile loop.

Steve
Be sure to post images! You should be in good time for wildflowers too :thumbs: