The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Share your Tree Photos

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Graham

What is the name of that tree ? Is that a dwarf beech ? ? ?

Here one from south of France . Nimes Le Vieux .

ARCA SWISS 6x9 F-line Metric + APO-SIRONAR S 135mm can't remember the film type .

View attachment 76519

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
It's a Japanese Maple. It's a LOT smaller than the photograph would have you believe. That entire tree is maybe 8ft tall and to take this picture you actually have to get either under the canopy and crawl on the ground or shoot with a super-wide lens inside the canopy.

Sorry, I think I just ruined the illusion of this shot for many people. It's a bit of a cliche in Portland and just about every fine art pro has a version of it and usually gives it a pretentious title like 'Tree of Life' etc.

If I remember correctly I took this with either my P40+ or IQ160, DF & 35mm lens. ;)

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Thank's Graham .
I will find out more from Wikipedia .
We all have some funny characteristics . I used to talk to trees . Not all but some . They are my friends and could tell us a lot .