The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Share your Tree Photos

k-hawinkler

That is just outright tragic!
Thanks Alan. It sure was. IIRC the woman was from Chicago, in her eighties and visiting a relative in New Mexico. She died in Bandelier National Monument. Very tragic indeed. It could easily have happened to somebody else. Or the tree could have come down when nobody was near it.

AlanS

I like trees as well! Going to have a look in my archive later and see if I can find a few I have not shown before but in the meantime one from last week.

AlanS

One from 2013, it's actually my avatar. I have shown this before but it has disapeared due to hosting issues.

pegelli

A tree in the garden of my Uncle with an art installation made by my cousin "Window on the World"

Sony A700 + Minolta 24-105D

Irenaeus

(Couldn't find this "Share your tree" thread last night, so I posted to the "Picture a Week" one instead. This is where it belongs though, so here it is.)

We've had quite a photogenic winter in Montana this year.

This scene took about 24 hours to form, with a dense morning fog that lasted all day, a ferocious all-night polar vortex and, the next morning,

Fresh Snow!

Cheers, Irenaeus

PS: GX8, Panasonic 25/1.4

Attachments

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
My previous favourite - from way back in 2001 on a Kodak DSC 645M and still the largest print I've ever done (40x40in) - not sure that 50mp is any better than 16mp :)

I trekked miles into the forest to shoot this. Snowshoes, thermal gloves, slept under the stars in my extreme tent/sleeping bag.

Ok, just kidding, off the balcony from my hotel in Leavenworth WA :ROTFL: