The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Old Chrysler. CC Welcome

V

Vivek

M5-Guy, Have you considered using all the output from your K20d in B&W?

The "grain" just suits that, IMO. The "grain" reminds me of the output I get from the Samsung NX10. Really a pleasing (to me) variety.

M5-Guy

M5-Guy, Have you considered using all the output from your K20d in B&W?

The "grain" just suits that, IMO. The "grain" reminds me of the output I get from the Samsung NX10. Really a pleasing (to me) variety.
Yes, I thought about it today...
At High ISO, the noise is kinda high speed film like, I guess. Although I have never shoot over 400 Film. So, I don't know what ISO 1600 film grain looks like.
These are at ISO 1250 with the camera on weakest noise filter setting, plus a little more in post.

I liked the colors, So I can convert if I want.

Last edited:

bensonga

Great shots! I prefer the color ones myself (and I'm usually more in tune with B&W). The color shot with the red burger basket etc looks much more interesting to my eyes than the B&W version. And yes, really nice grain.

Gary

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
I like the black and white much better. I think your b/w conversion could use a little more pop in the mid-tones and I would pull down the blacks a little. I copied the one with the basket and did a curves adjustment in Photoshop. There is more detail in that photo than what is showing right now. That is just my 2Cents, YMMV.

M5-Guy

I like the black and white much better. I think your b/w conversion could use a little more pop in the mid-tones and I would pull down the blacks a little. I copied the one with the basket and did a curves adjustment in Photoshop. There is more detail in that photo than what is showing right now. That is just my 2Cents, YMMV.
Yes, your right.. I can open up shadows a little.
Thanks for all the input....