The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

May in Suffolk - Cornwall in February

jonoslack

HI there . . . desperately trying to catch up. I've just put a couple of new galleries on the website. Comment and criticism welcome as usual:

Cornwall in February

Suffolk in May

Most pictures are with the M9, but there are some with the Sony A900 and others with the Olympus EP-2

I hope you enjoy some of them at least :)

all the best

Diane B

Both nice but I found my favorites in the Suffolk gallery. Some really nice portraits. One of Emma, maybe 45, that I really liked but another of her and maybe Silas in foreground I really like too--plus some others. And then there's that lane I love that you've shot many times.

jonoslack

Both nice but I found my favorites in the Suffolk gallery. Some really nice portraits. One of Emma, maybe 45, that I really liked but another of her and maybe Silas in foreground I really like too--plus some others. And then there's that lane I love that you've shot many times.
HI Diane
Thanks for looking . . . that was Saul's birthday party. Ah . . . Bier lane - the road to Red Grave :ROTFL: Actually, there is a story about the grandfather of a neighbour, who's horse failed to bring him home from the pub in the village, depositing horse and cart and farmer to a watery grave in the pond . . (it's Redgrave, no Red Grave!).

all the best

Knorp

Yep, it's perfectly clear to me now: you're definitely not a classic Leica shooter ... :deadhorse:
And boy am I glad for that fact :salute:
Tim said it very well at LUF, better then I could have done in a lifetime, but hey ...

Enjoyed the Suffolk series a lot and among many others it was #71 that made me look a little longer, it has a special quality to it.
Perhaps because of that amazing 28'cron, I wonder ? Or is it the MATE ?

The Cornwall series I found a bit gloomy , though the close-up shots are wonderful, could be due to the weather in February.
Hope you find some time to add some more shots.

Last year I drove from St Ives down the coastal road to Land's End and somewhere halfway I did some shopping. So far so good.
On arrival I decided to buy some picture postcards (after all, I was a tourist :eek:) only to discover that my wallet was missing.
It was a long and anxious drive-back to that shop ... :eek:

All the best.

jonoslack

Yep, it's perfectly clear to me now: you're definitely not a classic Leica shooter ... :deadhorse:
And boy am I glad for that fact :salute:
Tim said it very well at LUF, better then I could have done in a lifetime, but hey ...
I'm still embarrassed - Tim is a good friend (better now!), but I'm afraid that my aesthetic is much more chaotic than considered!
Enjoyed the Suffolk series a lot and among many others it was #71 that made me look a little longer, it has a special quality to it.
Perhaps because of that amazing 28'cron, I wonder ? Or is it the MATE ?
No no - the 28 'cron (despite the confused exif). That's where I've worked for the last 10 years, so it has a special patina :)
The Cornwall series I found a bit gloomy , though the close-up shots are wonderful, could be due to the weather in February.
Hope you find some time to add some more shots.

Last year I drove from St Ives down the coastal road to Land's End and somewhere halfway I did some shopping. So far so good.
On arrival I decided to buy some picture postcards (after all, I was a tourist :eek:) only to discover that my wallet was missing.
It was a long and anxious drive-back to that shop ... :eek:

All the best.
Perhaps Cornwall is a little gloomy in February! As for your drive - it's where I grew up - Lived in St Ives - school in Penzance. The school bus went along the coast road to Gurnards head and then across to Penzance. You were lucky to find a shop between St Ives and Lands End though (St Just?). What's inexcusable is that you didn't say you were coming . . . we might have been there, and you could have dropped in for tea! (it's a colloquial word for a decent claret).

all the best

irakly

Hi Jono!
Long time no see :)
I really like Cornwall series for their sheer madness. I almost love them. I mean...

jonoslack

Hi Jono!
Long time no see :)
I really like Cornwall series for their sheer madness. I almost love them. I mean...
Hi There - how lovely to hear from you, I hope you're well . . . are you still on a quest for a grey M9?

I'm glad you like the pictures (flattered even) - looking at them again it seems that they are full of pointless pointedness (is that madness?).

all the best

irakly

pointfull pointlessness :)
they say, my gray m9 is nearly at the door. not we just have to define "nearly" :)