Site Sponsors
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: May in Suffolk - Cornwall in February

  1. #1
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    jonoslack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    East Anglia & Cornwall (UK)
    Posts
    11,778
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    May in Suffolk - Cornwall in February

    HI there . . . desperately trying to catch up. I've just put a couple of new galleries on the website. Comment and criticism welcome as usual:

    Cornwall in February


    Suffolk in May

    Most pictures are with the M9, but there are some with the Sony A900 and others with the Olympus EP-2

    I hope you enjoy some of them at least

    all the best

    Just this guy you know

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    North Carolina western foothills
    Posts
    1,860
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: May in Suffolk - Cornwall in February

    Both nice but I found my favorites in the Suffolk gallery. Some really nice portraits. One of Emma, maybe 45, that I really liked but another of her and maybe Silas in foreground I really like too--plus some others. And then there's that lane I love that you've shot many times.

  3. #3
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    jonoslack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    East Anglia & Cornwall (UK)
    Posts
    11,778
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: May in Suffolk - Cornwall in February

    Quote Originally Posted by Diane B View Post
    Both nice but I found my favorites in the Suffolk gallery. Some really nice portraits. One of Emma, maybe 45, that I really liked but another of her and maybe Silas in foreground I really like too--plus some others. And then there's that lane I love that you've shot many times.
    HI Diane
    Thanks for looking . . . that was Saul's birthday party. Ah . . . Bier lane - the road to Red Grave Actually, there is a story about the grandfather of a neighbour, who's horse failed to bring him home from the pub in the village, depositing horse and cart and farmer to a watery grave in the pond . . (it's Redgrave, no Red Grave!).

    all the best

    Just this guy you know

  4. #4
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Knorp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,994
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: May in Suffolk - Cornwall in February

    Yep, it's perfectly clear to me now: you're definitely not a classic Leica shooter ...
    And boy am I glad for that fact
    Tim said it very well at LUF, better then I could have done in a lifetime, but hey ...

    Enjoyed the Suffolk series a lot and among many others it was #71 that made me look a little longer, it has a special quality to it.
    Perhaps because of that amazing 28'cron, I wonder ? Or is it the MATE ?

    The Cornwall series I found a bit gloomy , though the close-up shots are wonderful, could be due to the weather in February.
    Hope you find some time to add some more shots.

    Last year I drove from St Ives down the coastal road to Land's End and somewhere halfway I did some shopping. So far so good.
    On arrival I decided to buy some picture postcards (after all, I was a tourist ) only to discover that my wallet was missing.
    It was a long and anxious drive-back to that shop ...

    All the best.
    Bart ...

  5. #5
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    jonoslack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    East Anglia & Cornwall (UK)
    Posts
    11,778
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: May in Suffolk - Cornwall in February

    Quote Originally Posted by Knorp View Post
    Yep, it's perfectly clear to me now: you're definitely not a classic Leica shooter ...
    And boy am I glad for that fact
    Tim said it very well at LUF, better then I could have done in a lifetime, but hey ...
    I'm still embarrassed - Tim is a good friend (better now!), but I'm afraid that my aesthetic is much more chaotic than considered!
    Quote Originally Posted by Knorp View Post
    Enjoyed the Suffolk series a lot and among many others it was #71 that made me look a little longer, it has a special quality to it.
    Perhaps because of that amazing 28'cron, I wonder ? Or is it the MATE ?
    No no - the 28 'cron (despite the confused exif). That's where I've worked for the last 10 years, so it has a special patina
    Quote Originally Posted by Knorp View Post
    The Cornwall series I found a bit gloomy , though the close-up shots are wonderful, could be due to the weather in February.
    Hope you find some time to add some more shots.

    Last year I drove from St Ives down the coastal road to Land's End and somewhere halfway I did some shopping. So far so good.
    On arrival I decided to buy some picture postcards (after all, I was a tourist ) only to discover that my wallet was missing.
    It was a long and anxious drive-back to that shop ...

    All the best.
    Perhaps Cornwall is a little gloomy in February! As for your drive - it's where I grew up - Lived in St Ives - school in Penzance. The school bus went along the coast road to Gurnards head and then across to Penzance. You were lucky to find a shop between St Ives and Lands End though (St Just?). What's inexcusable is that you didn't say you were coming . . . we might have been there, and you could have dropped in for tea! (it's a colloquial word for a decent claret).

    all the best

    Just this guy you know

  6. #6
    Senior Member irakly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    394
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    26

    Re: May in Suffolk - Cornwall in February

    Hi Jono!
    Long time no see
    I really like Cornwall series for their sheer madness. I almost love them. I mean...

  7. #7
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    jonoslack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    East Anglia & Cornwall (UK)
    Posts
    11,778
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: May in Suffolk - Cornwall in February

    Quote Originally Posted by irakly View Post
    Hi Jono!
    Long time no see
    I really like Cornwall series for their sheer madness. I almost love them. I mean...
    Hi There - how lovely to hear from you, I hope you're well . . . are you still on a quest for a grey M9?

    I'm glad you like the pictures (flattered even) - looking at them again it seems that they are full of pointless pointedness (is that madness?).

    all the best

    Just this guy you know

  8. #8
    Senior Member irakly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    394
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    26

    Re: May in Suffolk - Cornwall in February

    pointfull pointlessness
    they say, my gray m9 is nearly at the door. not we just have to define "nearly"

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •