The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Asian Images

m_driscoll

Canon 5D - 17-40 L
Considered a delicacy in Siem Reap, Cambodia these "edible" spiders are actually poisonous but de-fanged prior to cooking! Offered to tourists at the overland stop.
I settled for a bag of crisps!
Street urchins Angkor Wat Siem Reap Cambodia.
These kids are amazing. No schooling whatsoever; but take the little girl at the front: 8 years old and her sales pitch is to question where you are from and then she'll reel off the population, currency and capital city. I tried her on 6 different locations and she was bang on. The irony is they can all do it and usually in 7 different languages as well.
This shot cost me $12 dollars ($2 each) and, entertainment wise, was worth every dime.
Amazing Country and the friendliest people I've ever encountered.
ReeRay: Both are excellent photos. I'd go for the chips too. The portrait of the kids is great. Nice close framing with the melons off to the side. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I was browsing through some old photos, and stumbled upon this one. Don't think I've posted it here before.

S3 with 80-200 AF-S @ 200mm and f/2.8

ReeRay

5D and 28-80 L

Annual elephant festival and battle re-enactment Surin Thailand

Spooked by gunfire and seconds later flew past me and within a few feet. At which point me and the camera were on our toes!