The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Asian Images

jonoslack

So many great images . . .I hesitate to join in, but here is a start.
Taken on the Li river at XingPing (south of Guilin)

jlm

Workshop Member
another part of Asia, inspired by Rayyan's river thread
all scanned from slides several years ago

Namche Bazaar

lunch spot above Dingboche, about 15,000 ft looking toward Everest in the background

cresting Amphu Lapsa 19,000ft, Panche Pokari in the background (lakes and high valley), not many go there

Sherpani col ahead, about 20,000ft, the far end of the Panche Pokari

at the Col, about 21,000 ft, yours truly on the left, with crew

down to next valley, Makalu on left

Num villagers, very sweet people, not many westerners hereabouts

Last edited:

rayyan

jlm, these are super images. The scenery is as lovely as it is today.
Excellent.

Regards.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Ah Jorgen - you've been to XingPing - I'm not surprised. I hope you had as much fun as we did.

your black and white boats are sublime!
This was some 15 years ago. I stayed in Yangshuo and rented a bicycle to go to XingPing. Then hitchhiked with a boat back down to Yangshuo. Absolutely spectacular either way. Looking forward to seeing more photos from the area.

jlm

Workshop Member
a few more; this trip was taken in '92

at Namche:

on the way to Tengboche

Tengboche

villagers of Num

in Tumlingtar

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Chaul Chnam Thmey, Songkran, Khmer style. No water wars, no drunk teenagers and no white goo smeared all over your face. Works just fine for old people like me :)

Happy Khmer New Year!

D300 with Nikkor 105mm f/1.8 AIS @ f/8

D300 with Nikkor 105mm f/1.8 AIS @ f/4

Last edited:

jonoslack

Lovely Jorgen
Quite clearly he's dropped a contact lens . . .I know that look!

Lovely pictures John - that looks like a trip!

all the best

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
There was this big, big Songkran celebration in Pailin today, just north of the mountains along the Thai/Cambodian border. There were thousands of people singing and dancing, praying and eating. Then there was this little boy who had a little plastic bag with some pink stuff. It's strange what catches one's attention sometimes.

D300 with Nikkor 105mm f/1.8 AIS @ f/2.8

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
At the tip of the peninsula that divides Mekong and Tonle Sap rivers, there's a small community of Muslim boat people. Friendly, hard working men and women who live a life very different from that in the bustling city of Phnom Penh, only a few hundred meters away. Very fascinating :)

D300 with Nikkor 105mm f/1.8 @ f/4