The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with HUGE images (any camera). WARNING:Very Large files posted here!

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Re: Fun with HUGE MF images. WARNING:Very Large files posted here!

Okay, I loaded 6 photos, all around 3300 pixels wide and they were reduced to 1200 pixel sub 1 meg files.

How do I get big pics in here?

-Marc
HOW DO YOU UPLOAD A LARGE PHOTO?

:eek:

Marc
Dear Jack

Not saying DO want to post big, but, IF I did, how? When I upload it gives a thumbnail
how are these put in the post full size?

Victor
Sorry, I am traveling in France and thus 6 hours off East Coast time...

Hi Folks:

ALBUM: OUR forum software automatically resizes any file you upload to your album here to three files: Original size, thumbnail and a 1200 pix version if the original is over 1200. If you open your uploaded file by clicking on the thumb in your album, you get the 1200 pox version. Click on the 1200 pix version again and you get your original size as uploaded, along with appropriate URL for the BB embedding code.

ATTACHMENT: Here, all attachements are limited to 1200 pixel maximum, and anything you attach larger than 1200 pix will get sized down to 1200 max.

So, you can only post larger than 1200 if you 1) use our album software and link to the original size as uploaded or 2) use your own hosting website and then link to it. You then use the BB code IMG tag and insert the image location url, the one that ends in ".jpg".

A complete tutorial on uploading images is here: http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54

Also, you can find all of this in the site FAQ's.

Hope that clears it up,

etrigan63

Looks a little soft. Could be the hand-holding or maybe needs to stop down for enough DOF.
Thanks for the advice Ed, it was the first time I ever shot with anything larger than 35mm. I was at a CI/Leica Event at a local Art Project in Miami's [strike]demilitarized zone[/strike] arts district.

Last edited:

KETCH ROSSI

Shot it with Cambo RS, 35mm Digitar, P65+ and it probably was polarized to keep the fog from reflecting on the leaves too much.

It was raining HARD and fog was rolling through the valley. I have some without polarizer but I liked the backlit leaves in the foreground which is what I think makes it special.

I appreciate the feedback.
I see, well love the shot.

Amin

Why so small everyone? I'm ready for some really BIG images to look at.

xpixel

Here the "big" organ shoot... its 2500 pixel - but its original about twice as large - more to come...

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

Man does my Iphone not like this thread at all. LOL

I'm in NY shooting but will post something when I get home next week , not sure what I have on my laptop at the moment.

Guy Mancuso

Let me try this not sure it will work. P45+

Guy Mancuso

Did not work. Wait till I have more time .

Guy Mancuso

Never read the manual. LOL

Actually I helped write them.:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Guy Mancuso

You guys are pigs. LOL

Jack and I will work on it when we both get home from our trips

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Nothing to work on Bud, the instructions are already up. You have to use your album or another host site for the full size image you want to post and embed it in the thread. You cannot use the attachment option.

Professional

Nothing to work on Bud, the instructions are already up. You have to use your album or another host site for the full size image you want to post and embed it in the thread. You cannot use the attachment option.
True, the attachment is not a solution or an option, just use another upload on GetDPI rather than attachment or use another host that accept to larger photos and post the direct link here by using Image icon [insert image yellow box], so simple as that.

gogopix

Subscriber

still cant get
i noticed that Coppermine you need to click to get the BIG ONE
that's the second link
so ok, go get carpal tunnel syndrome, just click thew second link

7xxx by somethgs

not a great shot, but it was good light. rare day I get up before 1000:D

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Victor, you need to add IMG inside the [] brackets at the begining of the image url, then add /IMG inside brackets at the end, not url and /url as you had done. I edited your post above and changed only that and as you can see, it worked :)

BTW, I like the rusty old boat, but have to wonder what kind of image it would have made if framed between those two copper-blue pots. Oh, and you have a massive dust bunny upper left...

JimCollum

very nice detail Victor!

but that really isn't good light.. it's barely acceptable light... I'm not trying to be mean here... you have the opportunity and gear at your disposal.. but I don't think you've had the experience in determining what good light actually is yet. You don't have to get up early to get it.. You don't need to spend extra time post processing, don't have to bump up saturation. you just have to know what it looks like when it appears

Your posting history shows that you think you're getting good light at times..(i'm just assuming this since you make "good light" comments" which makes me believe that when you captured the image, you were thinking 'good light'. You seem to be at a plateau in your processing.. and I don't think reaching the next one has to do with taking time away from trips or business. I think maybe a short one-on-one photo trek (it would only take a weekend) with someone who can go over light quality.

Again.. I think you have the potential to create some outstanding images.. even given the constraints of the treks you go on. I don't think you're just creating images for those who are buying your prints.. since you're posting them here for the world to see... fellow photographers, travelers, artists. It doesn't take a very big investment in time or money (a weekend with the right person would do it... there are some excellent travel documentary photographer out there.. and would be a pittance compared to the price of your travels and gear)

jim

still cant get
i noticed that Coppermine you need to click to get the BIG ONE
that's the second link
so ok, go get carpal tunnel syndrome, just click thew second link

7xxx by somethgs

not a great shot, but it was good light. rare day I get up before 1000:D