The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with HUGE images (any camera). WARNING:Very Large files posted here!

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Re: Fun with HUGE MF images. WARNING:Very Large files posted here!

Hi folks. I moved the thread to the images to share section and edited it so it's clear any large images are allowed here.

Enjoy,

bensonga

Could you also change the thread title to eliminate the "MF"? Just so it's clear (for those who might not read your edited first post), that this thread is not just for very large sized images taken with medium format cameras. Just a thought...

Gary

D

Devon Shaw

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Could you also change the thread title to eliminate the "MF"? Just so it's clear (for those who might not read your edited first post), that this thread is not just for very large sized images taken with medium format cameras. Just a thought...

Gary
Of course, meant to do that when I moved the thread and forgot, thanks!

scho

Taken with the Canon EF 24mm TS-E II preset to f/8 and mounted on the IR converted Panasonic G1.

Ben Rubinstein

Not sure what the point is but here is my last picture from the Dream Project I'm shooting in Jerusalem at present. Downsized to 2000 pixels. 1Ds mk3 file with lensbaby @ f22. I've never seen anyone else using a lensbaby like this so it might be interesting to some. Please forgive the watermark but at this size it's very printable.

etrump

One from my recent Colorado trip.

Cambo, P65+, 72 L glass. 6 shot stitch I believe. 10' wide at 300dpi.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Here's one from a recent trip, this is the beach at San Sebastian, Spain. It's not art, but a fun 'post card' reminder of the trip. A 6 shot, 180 degree pano, taken with a Panny G2 with 14-140 zoom, handheld. This pano was assembled from the in-camera jpegs using AutoPano Giga. The full size after pano crop is roughly 2800x15,000 pixels; I have downsized to 3500 wide here. It is still a work in progress as I would normally carefully process out tiffs then edit the blends to eliminate issues. Current issues are horizon not quite perfect, some blend edge issues in the distant detail and the ghosted people on the beach. I am however conflicted on removing the ghosted people, as it adds motion to the image. C&C welcome:

Don Libby

I've posted smaller versions of this comparison elsewhere however I wanted to share these here in a bigger way.

Also wanted to see if I could follow instructions ... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Don, you need to size those up to over 2000 pixels for posting here ;). If you used our gallery and uploaded a larger jpeg, be advised it automatically sizes them to 1200 pixs max and you have to click on that image in your gallery to get to teh big one's link.

Don Libby

Don, you need to size those up to over 2000 pixels for posting here ;). If you used our gallery and uploaded a larger jpeg, be advised it automatically sizes them to 1200 pixs max and you have to click on that image in your gallery to get to teh big one's link.

Okay I failed! Each image was over 2500 so I'm doing something wrong.

:mad::confused:

Okay I think I got it...