The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with HUGE images (any camera). WARNING:Very Large files posted here!

Don Libby

I'm having waaay too much fun doing this!:ROTFL:

I also forgot to add that all these images so far were taken with the Leica M9.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Don, you have dust bunnies! :ROTFL:

FWIW, the first couple looking pretty dark on my monitor too...

Don Libby

Don, you have dust bunnies! :ROTFL:

FWIW, the first couple looking pretty dark on my monitor too...
Jack - I was going to go all out and clean and process the test images but decided what the heck - all I was doing was comparing the focal lengths anyway. Besides, as big as these images are I think they qualify as jackalopes! :ROTFL:

The images are a shade dark and again that's my fault for not doing any post.

Don

Don Libby

I took this as a favor for the folks who made this roof rack.

Leica M9 Summicron-M 35mm f/2 ASPH f/2 1/3000 @ ISO 160. This thread is addictive! :D

RomanJohnston

Might I suggest that you reduce your minimum size to 1920x 1080 which is the size of wallpapers I am starting to produce. If not...no problem...just throwing that out there as many new monitors are starting to adhear to that standard as using computers to watch videos become popular

Either way..thanks!!!

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Here's one from a recent trip, this is the beach at San Sebastian, Spain. It's not art, but a fun 'post card' reminder of the trip. A 6 shot, 180 degree pano, taken with a Panny G2 with 14-140 zoom, handheld. This pano was assembled from the in-camera jpegs using AutoPano Giga. The full size after pano crop is roughly 2800x15,000 pixels; I have downsized to 3500 wide here. It is still a work in progress as I would normally carefully process out tiffs then edit the blends to eliminate issues. Current issues are horizon not quite perfect, some blend edge issues in the distant detail and the ghosted people on the beach. I am however conflicted on removing the ghosted people, as it adds motion to the image. C&C welcome:

Might be able to warp this to a straight horizon. Had some luck doing that with a Monument valley image pano. leave the ghosts

PeterA

Keep em coming chaps - I am installing a 60 inch Monitor/TV in my media room so I can enjoy what the 30 inch mac monitor cant handle:ROTFL:

PS nice one Jack - the euro / US cross rate woudl have helped take some of the pain away from Spain !

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Indeed it did -- we were mostly in France and with the EU<=>USD the trip was "affordable."

kevinparis

`Peter A .... you do realise a 60inch tv has less resolution than a 30 inch Mac Cinema display?

TV = 1920 x 1080 pixels

30 inch computer display = 2560 x 1600

K

W

wbrandsma

This is the most awesome thread I have seen here. Let all the pixels coming. I hope even full sized images from small sensor cameras (GX200) are allowed here.

scho

Wet Feet - Mine and the tripod for this image taken with the Canon 5DII and TS-E 24 3.5II. Reduced 50%. Two image stitch.

scho

Empty farmers market. Rolleiflex 2.8F, Kodak Extar 100, SilverEfex pro B&W conversion of Nikon 9000 4000dpi scan. This image is reduced to 25% of the original 78 MP file.

bensonga

Time to update the HUGE images thread? :)

This one is not really huge, but it's longer on one side than I normally post. The 20th image taken (in 2008) with my one and only MFD camera.

Hasselbald 503CWD, CFV-16 II, 40mm CFE IF lens....severe crop from the original square image.