The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with HUGE images (any camera). WARNING:Very Large files posted here!

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Note: This thread originally spawned in the MF section because of folks desire to share very large images there. However, sharing HUGE images is not just the realm of MF as a 30" monitor only needs about a 2MP image to fill it fully. So, we decided to move this thread here into the general image sharing forum, and large images from any camera are welcome.

~~~

Due to some requests on the regular MF images thread, we have started a HUGE image thread. The express purpose is to create a space for folks to post, well, really large files. This is to give folks on smaller screens and/or with limited bandwidth fair warning before they open the thread with overly large images.

The posting rules are simple, if you want to post an image here it has to be over 2000 pixels along one of its dimensions. For "regular" sized images, please post them in the existing "Fun with --- " thread in the appropriate forum for your camera.

A tutorial on how to embed large images in a thread with GetDPI software is located here:http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54

More information can be found in the FAQ's if required.

So here you go, fire away!

Professional

Re: Fun with HUGE MF images. WARNING:Very Large files posted here!

Thank you very much, Jack!

Here i will enjoy watching and viewing larger shots, as i said, we don't ask to post something at 4000-6000, 1500-2000 will be enough, so with larger it will be a bonus.

Thank you very much again.

Professional

I will start

Here are 2:

Mamiya RZII, Reala 100, [developed in lab], V750 scanned

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

I want to make something very clear. GetDPI will not be responsible for any copyright infringement on this. As a working Pro my main concern and always will be someone stealing my work and in these sizes folks can make REAL big prints. I am just putting this out there what others do and care about there work is up to them. Have fun

Someone had to play devils advocate

Amin

Now we're going to see some very large watermarks :D.

Professional

Don't worry, Guy, i am not a pro at all and my works are not that can be sold anyway [LOL], you are lucky pro go to another forum and post smaller, i will enjoy here watching larger shots ;)

Professional

"DON'T RUSH"!!!

Or..... OUCH!!!

H4D-60, both with 80mm, ISO50.

KETCH ROSSI

The 50 has the same ISO capabilities as the 60, is only the 40 that goes double, so I'm sure the files form the 50 and 60 will be should be the same, or not?

Professional

The 50 has the same ISO capabilities as the 60, is only the 40 that goes double, so I'm sure the files form the 50 and 60 will be should be the same, or not?
I need to do a test shot with 50 and 40 side by side at ISO 800 and see.

I am really interested in to compare P65+ ISO800 with H4D-60 iso800 side by side and see the difference, i hope to meet Bryan again and use one of his P65+ against my H4D-60[but with his DF, not with tech camera] and see.

KETCH ROSSI

Interesting test, and sure would love to se it too ;)

kevinparis

OK... so far i am not seeing any reason on earth to move to MF... come on guys you can do better.

I wouldn't have posted any of those even as an example of a small sensor camera

K

KETCH ROSSI

OK... so far i am not seeing any reason on earth to move to MF... come on guys you can do better.

I wouldn't have posted any of those even as an example of a small sensor camera

K
You are kidding right??

Please show me what kind of 35mm can bring so much detail even in this shots do show, look at that stair case.

fotografz

Due to some requests on the regular MF images thread, we have started a HUGE image thread. The express purpose is to create a space for folks to post, well, really large files. THis is to give folks on smaller screens and/or with limited bandwidth fair warning before they open the thread with overly large images.

The posting rules are simple, if you want to post an MF image here it has to be over 2000 pixels along one of its dimensions. For "regular" MF images, please post them in the existing "Fun with MF images" thread here: http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4730

So here you go, fire away!
Okay, I loaded 6 photos, all around 3300 pixels wide and they were reduced to 1200 pixel sub 1 meg files.

How do I get big pics in here?

-Marc

etrump

Okay, here is my huge file. No sharpening, straight from C1 but it is downsized.

KETCH ROSSI

Beautiful shot Ed, but I guess you are not a friend of Polarizers or UV Haze filters ;)

What did you shoot this with?