The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Yosemite Workshop!

Terry

Let's get the Yosemite party started.....with one of our fearless leaders directly from the most expensive gear at the workshop......

iPhone with on phone HDR app.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
That iPhone does a pretty decent job --- nice "painterly" quality!

Terry

Terry - how's shooting with the Arca?
Ask Guy and Jack....I seem to have a new nickname although it is unprintable. :rolleyes:

I will have some Arca stuff to post soon. I want to go over my C1 processing before sending the files out in the wild.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Need to add one of Jack in the aspen trees....near a secret getdpi location :D
Not really so secret really -- this is what I was shooting when Terry photographed me. As you can see it is an awesome year for California color and we timed it for the peak colors just about perfectly. All are P65+, quickly-processed jpegs straight out of C1. I'll edit more carefully when I get back to my big machine, but for now here are these from my laptop:

Here are a few others around Mono Lake. Again, all quickly processed jpegs from C1:

The pano was done in CS5 from 7 C1 jpegs:

Cheers,

Terry

Two from the NEX5 and 18-200....Arca stuff coming but working on my C1 skills before posting.

rain shower over Mono Lake

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Hi everyone just posting more to say Hi and doing well. I drove from Phoenix to San Francisco last week and been on the road awhile and when i finally hit my driveway next week most likely did a 3k drive. Been busy with Jack scouting last week and I came away with this one in the Yosemite high country. Been holding off posting until i get home to my REAL monitor. Sorry if I have been away and not posting regular as usual. The workshop is going great and folks are just shooting the magic up here in the Yosemite area. Once again we nailed the timing and not really seen here yet per say but wait till folks start posting the fall color images. AWESOME stuff coming soon from everyone. :thumbs:

P40+ with 55mm LS glass

Guy Mancuso

Ask Guy and Jack....I seem to have a new nickname although it is unprintable. :rolleyes:

I will have some Arca stuff to post soon. I want to go over my C1 processing before sending the files out in the wild.
:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL: Not sure it is a wise idea on my part to repeat Terry's new nickname in public but lets say at least two words that are part of it Arca and Zen. Leave the rest to your imagination. Trying to be a good boy here i am preparing my famous steak dinner for the attendees tomorrow night and just want to make sure someone does not stuff a extra Habanero pepper in my steak. :D

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Storm over Mono Lake,
This is a sketch of my rendition of the mono lake overview

-bob

Diane B

I can't wait to see more. Beautiful out there and makes one wish they were part of the workshop. Colors here in the southeast, or at least in the NC segment of the Blue Ridge Parkway and surrounds, are mediocre at best. We still aren't at peak in the foothills but its going to be not terrific.

I love the second one of Jack's and look forward to seeing everyone's. How is the influx of other photographers or are you ahead of the curve. You certainly hit the right time.

Diane

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Ben, thanks Dianne!

We are at the TAIL end, most groups schedule the second week, which is usually the best. I have done this enough times however, I estimate the peak turn based on the weather pattern for the prior winter. This year was a longer winter and mild spring, so I scheduled a week later than I would in a normal year and got lucky, hitting it exactly at its prime.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Bob, I really like your pond shot!

Terry, you captured the "rain storm" a lot better than I did -- nicely done!

Guy Mancuso

Couple that I processed out but having a ND filter color issue and really want to get to my system and rework these but what the heck. Here are some now