The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Yosemite Workshop!

Terry

Three from the NEX5 with very little processing....

Tunnel View

Mono Lake - Path to the lake

Olmstead Point

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Terry,

I like the square treatment for the large glacial erratic at Olmstead Point, superb composition!

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Morning got home last night after a 13 hour drive. Man am I beat up from that. LOL

Going back looking at the banding I thought was in the one image appears not to be there on the wide gamut monitor. Have to say looking at these images these 40 mpx sensors have it going on. After playing with the Arca for a week might just have to get one for this kind of shooting. I used every lens I had which makes the tech cam a little harder for me . I do like the variety of the look of each type of lens.

Have to go back this week and process more images but we hit the mother lode with respect to having plenty to shoot. 3 folks already from this workshop already booked next fall's workshop.

Diane B

Bob, I love that shot. I had been waiting to boot my desktop to see all the images but fixed my image viewing problem and now can see on Ipad. That's just spectacular

Jack, i really liked your aspen shot and zoomed in to see the detail of the carving on soe of them

Diane

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Thanks Diane. Have more later to post but really nice to get out and shoot for myself with the others around to help out as well. I really love doing the workshops.

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Terry, Bob, Jack, & Guy: I have thoroughly enjoyed your posting of images over the last several days. Although I may have missed another great workshop, I have learned plenty from your posts sitting here at my computer. Thanks!

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Finally got around to working my aspen shots, hope you like these:

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member
Guy - I love this image! It's my favorite of your Yosemite shots.

Mike

Hi everyone just posting more to say Hi and doing well. I drove from Phoenix to San Francisco last week and been on the road awhile and when i finally hit my driveway next week most likely did a 3k drive. Been busy with Jack scouting last week and I came away with this one in the Yosemite high country. Been holding off posting until i get home to my REAL monitor. Sorry if I have been away and not posting regular as usual. The workshop is going great and folks are just shooting the magic up here in the Yosemite area. Once again we nailed the timing and not really seen here yet per say but wait till folks start posting the fall color images. AWESOME stuff coming soon from everyone. :thumbs:

P40+ with 55mm LS glass