The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Images tell a story? Story behind the image?

ustein

Contributing Editor
This image:

tells us that there was a really bad fire. In reality it was that bad to kill one person and injure another one. Images just tell part of the story.

vincechu

Hi Uwe,

A great photo, with a touching story well done!

I think "story behind the image" is a great concept for a photo thread - do you mind if others share their images and stories? I have a few which I'd love to share :)

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
There are zillions of ways to tell stories with photos. Here's another, almost opposite approach; three men fixing a motorbike on a sidewalk in Saigon. No deaths, no drama, but they have taken the thing more or less completely apart, so it seems apparent that they won't give up until it's up and running again. Three honest, hard working mechanics, or at least, that was what I was trying to describe when I took the photo.