The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Smith Rock Panorama

RomanJohnston

Playing with files I have in my archives. Found this pano that I threw together. I have so darned many images to go through...at this pace it will take me a few years....but darned me...I keep going out and shooting more.....lol.

Roman

RomanJohnston

Phil -Then this should make you feel quite at home. This is just north of Redmond.

Jack & Shelby - thank you very much.

Roman

RomanJohnston

Sure....here is the EXIF data.

Make Nikon
Model NIKON D300
Flash Used No
Focal Length 42 mm
Exposure Time 4.00 sec
Aperture f/11
ISO Equivalent 400
Metering Mode center weighted (2)
Exposure Program manual (1)

bensonga

Very impressive image Roman! I love that area of Oregon. I've ridden my motorcycle thru there several times and thought that whole Bend, Redmond, Sisters, Prineville area would be a great place to retire. I hope to get back down there this summer for another motorcycle trip, so I'll have to look for this place. Might have to trying carrying something more than my little Canon G10 with me on the next trip.

Gary

RomanJohnston

Thanks Gary, If your coming up from Bend, go through Redmond till you see the (VERY) small town of Terrebonne. Look for the brown park sign on the right (east side of the road) just after the gas station. Its about 3 miles back from the main road and it is paved all the way. Happy motoring.

T

tokengirl

It's lovely, but I cannot enjoy the entire photograph all at once because it's too wide for my 24" monitor. Would it be possible to post a little bit smaller version?

coulombic

Playing with files I have in my archives. Found this pano that I threw together. I have so darned many images to go through...at this pace it will take me a few years....but darned me...I keep going out and shooting more.....lol.

Roman
This is stunning. Great light and depth of field. Was this a panoramic stitch, or just a crop from one image? If it was a stitch,how many did you end up compositing?