The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Portraits of Your Gear

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
I just received a Summarex 8.5cm f/1.5 from gogopix. It is mounted on my iiig. The Summarex is vintage 1951 and the iiig is vintage 1956/1957. I'm not a collector, I'm a user, and will be using the Summarex on the iiig and other cameras.

P

pphuang

Vintage gear are, themselves, works of art. These are a pair of Leica IIs, one chrome and one black, with a hexanon 35/2 on one, and a summicron 35/2 on the other.

woodyspedden

I just received a Summarex 8.5cm f/1.5 from gogopix. It is mounted on my iiig. The Summarex is vintage 1951 and the iiig is vintage 1956/1957. I'm not a collector, I'm a user, and will be using the Summarex on the iiig and other cameras.

Cindy

Lovely looking Leica 3g. I thought I remembered you purchasing my 85 Summarex. Am I wrong?

Best

Woody

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Cindy

Lovely looking Leica 3g. I thought I remembered you purchasing my 85 Summarex. Am I wrong?

Best

Woody
Woody, No, I didn't buy your Summarex. I'm sure it is still somewhere in this community. I did have another Summarex, but it came from a dealer.

P

pphuang

Paul,
These are both so wonderful. I especially like the black one.
Hey Cindy, its fun getting back to basics, and these cameras are not too expensive (at least relatively speaking)! :D

That summarex looks like a hefty piece of glass, and the red looks great against the chrome!

engel001

The ancestor of Sony's SLT cameras, the Canon Pellix. All of mine are still fully functional (the one on the left is unused and brand new) with intact mirrors, but many others have darkened or been destroyed over the years. I wonder how the new Sony SLT's will fare with time? - Christopher

jotloob

Subscriber Member
This is my smallest MF camera . A WELTA/WELTAX .
I don't know when it was built but I believe it must have been shortly after WW2 . It is in fully working order and has already a CZ Jena TESSAR lens .
Have a look to the release button . Isn't that nice .

All these wonderful LEICA's make me dizzy , but up to now , I could fight down the temptation . :ROTFL:

OlliL

Jürgen, I was looking for a Weltur for some time, but couldn't find a decent one. Your Weltax seems to be in great condition!

Erik, stop that. It hurts ;)

My newest acquisition:

Bessa R2a von oliverleschke auf Flickr

Knorp

Ha the mighty Summarex ! Making the Nocti a lightweight in comparison ... :D
BTW I've replaced the hood with a B+W ∅58mm alu tele-hood.
Anyway, you got yourself a cool combo, Cindy :thumbup:

All the very best.