The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Portraits of Your Gear

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
R

Ronan

I make it a note not the publicly post pictures of my gear...

Not a year ago, on another photo forum, someone posted a nice gear shot... not a week after someone broke into his apartment and stole the gear.

Coincidence? IDK... but i prefer being cautious... and it's not the only story like that...

Anyways, that Alpha is awfully smexy :)

mathomas

Totally a coincidence, to my mind. To show my confidence:

(nobody wants an old film camera, anyway...)

jotloob

Subscriber Member
One of my HASSELBLAD beauties from my collection . I got the view finder from e*ay for a ridiculous low price .

jotloob

Subscriber Member

This is the first HASSELBLAD wide angle camera . The SWA from 1954 in fully working order . I have attached the CFV-16 back to it and it works .

jotloob

Subscriber Member
It is: to look at, and in use. I'm not sure what makes it such a pretty camera (to my eye, and yours). I suppose it's the finish and textures and proportions of the dials + the bright paint used for the controls?
Yes , true .

Of course , we all have a different taste for design and form of a product .
For me , the LEICA M-series cameras definately belong to the most beautiful 35mm cameras ever built . I was warned to start collecting LEICAs . Now , I know why .
The other brand , not as old and traditional as LEICA , is HASSELBLAD . The V-System . Beautiful as well . IMHO .

What other beauties do we have ? ? ?

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Mmmmmm

The ROLLEIFLEX waters my mouth . That was my first camera to start into MF many years ago . Unfortunately , I sold it , which was wrong .

jotloob

Subscriber Member
One of many......guess I'm a gear head too!

Here we have Gary's (nuclear) Alaska defence weapon . Looks as never used (mint) , pointing from NorthWest to SouthEast . Intentionally ? ? ?
Here my defence weapon . It is to turn away those who want to steel Bavarian Bear .

mathomas

For me , the LEICA M-series cameras definately belong to the most beautiful 35mm cameras ever built . I was warned to start collecting LEICAs . Now , I know why .

Agree with M camera beauty. Notice my M immediately followed my Contax in this thread :). I had just shot the Contax in the snow and cold, so it was top in my mind at the moment. :thumbup:

mathomas

Here my defence weapon . It is to turn away those who want to steel Bavarian Bear .

Very intimidating. Looks like something you'd put on your shoulder and have someone else load. Does it have a kick when "fired'? :)

(I'm envious -- I want a Hassy)