The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Square Format

rmueller

Love the square format, very good thread idea, keep them coming.
Here's my contribution taken with Leica X1 and cropped.

Regards,
Ralf

T

tokengirl

Here's another one with a single Sb800 in a softbox which works surprisingly well when used close up.

Delightful portrait!

I was fooling around in Photoshop last night, trying to make lemonade out of lemons. 500cm/Ektar/blended textures.

Shelby Frisch

Subscriber Member
Really nice thread and great shots. This is from a Maymia C330 and I think the 80mm lens around 1980. Probably Plus x pan or something similar
Shelby

bensonga

Some terrific images here. Your photos are stunning William, as always. I really like the winter scene of snow covered fields and trees Umesh. Reminds me alot of winters I knew while growing up in Minnesota.

Here's one from last summer (I think). I was surprised to drive by this spot recently and find that it's not the same.....the Hovercrafts are gone. The foreground area has been filled in with gravel and is now a large storage area for Alaska railroad shipping containers....not as interesting to my eyes. Anchorage skyline in the background.

Areas subject to development rarely remain unchanged for long up here. :(

Taken with my Hasselblad 501CM....I can't remember which lens or film.

Gary

Godfrey

Here's one from my archives....mid-90s I think. Mamiya TLR with 80mm lens. Trees in a Cleveland, Ohio park. I've tried various prints from this negative, lightening the trees etc....never could decide which version I like best.

http://forum.getdpi.com/gallery/files/9/4/3/cleveland_trees-5.jpg
I like this a lot, only thing I don't like is the little structure peeking between the trees in the background. It's similar to an aesthetic I'm working on in a project I'm doing at a local park.

bensonga

I like this a lot, only thing I don't like is the little structure peeking between the trees in the background. It's similar to an aesthetic I'm working on in a project I'm doing at a local park.

Thanks Godfrey. Funny how each of us views an image differently. That little structure never really caught my attention...it's the alignment of some of the smaller trees in the middle ground that I wish I could have changed. Almost wish I could have Photoshop'd them out (even I couldn't do that in good conscience).

Sometimes, it's really hard to find that perfect position which makes everything look just right. In hindsight, I should have taken more images from multiple positions.

Nothing like those trees here in Anchorage, so I often enjoy looking at this photograph. Reminds me not only of Cleveland, but of the Elm tree lined streets of Minneapolis, where I grew up.

Gary

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Old pipes shot two years ago with a vintage HASSELBLAD 1600F + EKTAR 2,8/80mm lens .
Film was the new KODAK EKTAR 100 .

The images show the typical "soft charme" of the lenses of the 1950/1960 .

Godfrey

Carry On

Olympus E-5 + ZD 50mm f/2 Macro + EC14
ISO 100 @ f/3.5 @ 1/1600 second

thanks for looking, comments appreciated.

emmawest72

Thanks Peter. This is from a 35mm frame ( HP5 or Trix) with my good old nikon fe and 50mm. It was taken back in 1994 if my memory serves me right. I will soon be going back to NY so will make sure to shoot some more of this fantastic building.