The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

getDPI workshop Grand Canyon / Monument Valley

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Me too, but we all composed slightly differently and we each process differently :) Finally got around to looking at them and here are a few of mine:

And a B&W, just cause:

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
I am sure I will process differently too once I get home to a real monitor LOL
Looking good, Jack
-bob

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Jack,
I am just bowled over by your changing light shot.
Just beautiful.
-bob

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Thank you Bob. Even a blind hog finds a truffle every once and a while ;)

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Thank you Bob. Even a blind hog finds a truffle every once and a while ;)
Jack,

Not a question of finding a truffle...it is what he does with it when he finds it.

Your whole series is outstanding...hard to single out one photo.

Oh how I wish I could run away from this schedule at work and join you all...

Bob

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Jack,

Not a question of finding a truffle...it is what he does with it when he finds it.

Your whole series is outstanding...hard to single out one photo.

Oh how I wish I could run away from this schedule at work and join you all...

Bob
We've missed you Bob! This was a great trip for sure, and hope you can make another one soon. Thank you for the kind words too!

Diane B

Just love the canyon storm b&w Jack. I always love the workshop photoe from everyone as I can be a voyeur since I'll never get to one.

Diane

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Thank you Diane! I am glad you enjoy sharing them virtually with us --- it's one of the main reasons we built this forum to begin with!

:thumbs:

PeterA

Impressive work Jack - Dune and Snow for me (as an Aussie where red dust= heat) presents a wonderful and strange juxtaposition..love the clean colours withthe contrast - all works together .

it is difficult to make such (what must be) awesome real life scenes into photographs that convey some of the majesty..

well done.

Pete

PeterL

Jack, you just nailed these, my favorite is "Changing Light"; amazingly delicate light that you managed to preserve or enhance in you processing. I also really like the "Dune and Snow"; the deliberate placing of the snow bank in the lover left is just closing the entire image in a most pleasing way. Outstanding!

Cheers, -Peter

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Now that I am home the processing is much easier to see what I am getting. Hate laptops for processing.