The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

getDPI workshop Grand Canyon / Monument Valley

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Yes it is the shade and a cooler color temp but I did use color editor on the horizontal image on the blue sky to darken slightly than i copied my adjustments over to my vertical stack and than it brought the snow in a little cooler than it should be. Going to fix that now by desaturating the snow slightly. Here I would now drop my smoothness down in color editor so I only affect the snow. Color editor is a amazing tool in C1 but must be done with care as well or you will over do it. Good trick is take a sample and make very slight adjustments than repeat it over again with another sample in the same area. Go in small steps is the real trick.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Here is the fix and as you see with the color editor I was able to zero in on just the snow and desaturate it slightly and lighten it as well. BTW thanks for catching that and also you can now see what kind of control you have with color editor in C1. If I am bias in any way than C1 is it. I bought Phase because of C1 since i used it for years before going MF.