The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

getDPI workshop Grand Canyon / Monument Valley

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Lets start with an image of Jack demonstrating what to do if there is nothing to shoot.

-bob

jonoslack

Lets start with n image of Jack demonstrating what to do if there is nothing to shoot.

-bob
That's a definition of 'nothing to shoot' with which I was not previously familiar!

Have fun chaps - just think of the rest of us poor fools, banged up in offices on grey days !

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Really, there was a bit here and there to shoot such as sunrises

Slanted Horizons

Power lines and such

-bob

Last edited:

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
That's a definition of 'nothing to shoot' with which I was not previously familiar!

Have fun chaps - just think of the rest of us poor fools, banged up in offices on grey days !
Jono,
We are having a bit of fun and we are really glad to be out of the office.
A bit nippy this morning at five below zero F and a 25 mph breeze.

lance_schad

Workshop Member
It's a balmy 24 degrees right now in NY and I was freezing walking to office today.
Hope you guys are having fun.
Looking forward for more pictures and stories too!

L

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I was testing Terry's new Alpa hanging off a cliff to see if it was going to get sick. I should ad operator also hanging off cliff being held by mule team with clamps to my ankles.

Handheld 1/15 th of a second . Just found another reason for getting a TC again.

BTW this was a side trip to Horseshoe Bend that we surprised everyone with.

It was on a few folks bucket list as it turns out.

Guy Mancuso

One more from the Grand Canyon . Tech details Alpa TC with Phase P40+ with 24mm XL lens with center filter at ISO 50. Shot at F11

Guy Mancuso

This Alpa was what I wanted to buy but could not at the time back during the holidays. I have first dibs if she sells it. LOL

I could kick myself now. I always loved these TC cams and had one at one time. My vicious circle of gear.

PeterA

I wish I was there with you guys....instead of stuck in an office and then going home to a flooded basement - again...

and what you want Guy is the 12STC

Terry

Terry's new Alpa? has her Arca already succumbed to GetDPI gear-slut-fever?
No, the Arca is still very much around and very well loved. The TC was an experiment in going small and potentially hand held. With the phase wakeup grip and the Alpa soft release it feels very good in the hand. The 24mm lens is really nice on the P40+. Not so nice on the big sensors.