The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Model portfolio

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Well you ask so let me start . First thing is watch shoulders notice how big her shoulder looks to her head. This is really something to watch for is shoulders and elbows coming right at the camera. In this case just a slight turn of her shoulder backwards would take that away and also open up her front side a little more. Second one is her nose, No offense it is kind of long looking . Here get her more direct at he camera to for shorten the nose. When I run into folks with the longer nose I also grab a longer lens to compress it more. Another thing background is same exposure as subject. i would suggest making it darker so she stands out more in the image and also it will give a more 3d effect. I would also crop tighter. One other thing is your lighting coming from over the shoulder puts more shadowing on our left side of her nose. If you came from our left side this would also help her nose. Love to see you set this exact shot up again and try just a couple of those changes. Now let me say this stuff take years to nail, so don't get frustrated keep shooting and learning from it. Hope that helps