The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nowhere near a finished print but

N

nei1

this is a basis for how I am going to print this.:)wtf:not this again!!!)

by changeing the emphasis from the dog(darkening) to the boy(thanks Bob)and brightening the top of the wall to the right as much as possible Im left quite happy with the image.This is not just bloody mindedness,if the two protagonists are removed(in my opinion)Im left with a well composed shot,by putting them back it is the same well composed shot,only the emphasis has changed.I think an educated viewer can cope with this as long as they are given enough visual help.
Thanks again,Neil

Last edited:
N

nei1

Thats kind of you Bob,I know that really I have to relax a little over cropping(and I do mercilously crop casual shots of the family etc.)Its just when the composition is deliberate in camera I find it impossible.When Ive a finished print Ill post it ,your honest opinion of that would be much appreciated,all the best,Neil.