The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

My trip all over the place

K

karrphoto

I recently traveled from Chicago to Denver, flew from Denver to Fairbanks and then drove from Fairbanks down to Colorado Springs (helping my sister, husband and 4 cats move since he's been moved again, in the air force) Then from CO springs I was supposed to do a huge southwest tour ending in Yosemite. The drive from AK to CO was 3200 miles, my total trip from Denver back home was supposed to be 6500 miles, just to give you an idea. However, I made a stupid decision to use only one credit card on my trip, which was linked to my bank account... well, someone got hold of that card and guess what.. bank account drained.:wtf::bugeyes::cry::cussing::scry::thumbdown::mad: I was so pissed.. that I just ended up driving home to deal with it. Lessons learned for next year, when I use the house my sister just bought in CO Springs to use as my starting point...

Anyway, I was able to make Maroon Bells in Aspen, even if it was fogged in :thumbdown: and Moab, which was beautiful.... I could stay in Arches for a month and probably still not have spent enough time there.. that park is one of my favorite places on this earth... enough of my story. Some photos!

K

karrphoto

A few others... Those are mostly from the start of my trip up to me getting to CO Springs, so nothing of Moab or Aspen has been processed yet.. soon.. once I finish some other pressing projects...

I did play with something I've never done before.. Panoramas. The shot of West Edmunton mall in Canada was I think 16 photos, shot with my 5D using the 17-40@17mm.

K

karrphoto

Wonderful Shots
Which camera....?

Best-H
Canon 5D. Some I used a cheap (which I will be replacing, seeing how important it was in some shots) a 2 stop ND Gradient filter, Cokin P size, but ordered from China... the other filters I got (10 for $50) are great, but this filter I used most was more brown/magenta than Grey as it should had been. So I'm saving my pennies for the good one, which is $380... :eek:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Very nice shots. We had a Moab workshop last year and the group got some great images. i think we are doing one again in February.