The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Versions

jaapv

Subscriber Member
I ran this one in RFF, but it seems to me this is a more appropriate spot. Opinions?

Four versions:
1. Original
2. Noise-Ninjaed for that DSLR-look
3 Black and White
4. Just for fun - a fake movie-still

Lisa

Another vote for the original, though the "fake movie still" works too. (The B&W has way too much contrast for my taste.)

Lisa

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
FWIW, when I want a gritty B&W I sometimes start with a bleach bypass effect (what you called movie still).

Normally for the BBP, I desaturate reds (skin) a bit more than the other channels, and leave them up a bit. Then I keep contrast up a bit so it has more of an edge. I borrowed you first image and processed it as such in attachment 1.

Then for the B&W I just converted the BBP effect shown in CS by adding a B&W adjustment layer -- simple.

Don't know if you like the effects better or not, but I figured it was worth sharing ;)

Cheers,

jaapv

Subscriber Member
Also a very intersting treatment, Jack, but maybe a bit too processed for me.

I tweaked one version a bit: