The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

An Irish Forrest. Tomies wood near Killarney

Hi All.
Here is one of a series of photos I took around the south of Ireland, which were used to form massive vinyl wall coverings in the new Quest Software offices in Cork. The largest images were 13 meters wide and 3 meters high. You can see some here in my Architecture gallery here. (I also photographed the finished office space for the architects). All in all a lovely experience. Each image had to have a particular theme tied into poetry or texts from famous Irish writers and poets. I found some beautiful locations. Here you see one of my favorites. It’s Tomies wood near Killarney, an area full of amazing forest.

You can view it in a larger size on my website by clicking here

You should click "View larger Image" above the top left of the image.

Ben Rubinstein

Love it. I was in County Wicklow a couple of months back and my memories are of the trees and woods, so old, so full of thought and history.