The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The accidental model!!

Hi All.
I love this photo I captured in the Wicklow countryside on one of the 1st days of my commission to photograph images for the Quest Software fit out. Part of the brief was to photograph trees and as I took this particular shot a very friendly stallion and this beautiful white mare casually approached me. I knew by their movement that they were *friendly and just curious. All they wanted was to be petted. The mare at times was just inches from the front of the lens. I took a series of images shooting exposures to capture some movement in the horse so as to increase the degree of surrealism. A large part of me just wanted to stroke these beautiful animals. At times I stroked the stallion with my left hand, while photographing the mare using my right hand.

The image was shot with a Hasselblad H3D back on a Cambo wide DS view camera and a 35mm xl

APOLOGIES IN ADVANCE ABOUT THE WATERMARK!

You can view it in a larger size on my website by clicking here

You should click "View larger Image" above the top left of the image.

V

Vivek

APOLOGIES IN ADVANCE ABOUT THE WATERMARK!
You should not feel sorry for the watermark. A few years ago, on another site, one idiot moderator was after me for the very same thing (plus "larger size" images instead of smaller ones). Now, he himself is watermarking his (albeit) crappy images!

Your images certainly need the watermark and thanks for sharing your pictures! :)