The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A Stern View...

Floyd Davidson

This old wooden boat is pointed North, so the light lacks drama from the front view I normally see it at, and the perspective is not appealing either as the landscape falls away with a downward slant towards the Arctic Ocean about 100 feet past it in this view. For years I've thought there has to be a good picture there, but never got one.

A few days ago I was taking shots of a construction site just behind the boat, in the late evening when everything was dramatically illuminated with flood lights. It stopped me in my tracks.

Note that I photograph Barrow Alaska, not boats. Hence a closer crop might enhance this as a boat picture, but that defeats my purpose too.