The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Interview with Photographer Shaun O'Boyle

turtle

Hi Everyone, I just completed an interview with Shaun O'Boyle, who at least currently is shooting with a Sony A7R with Sony and Canon lenses. He's a Massachusetts based photographer and architectural designer and very possibly a member here.

The images are not only an inspiration, but his processing (B&W) is IMHO superb. One certainly cannot hurl the comment 'I don't like the digital look' because these images have a much more ambiguous fingerprint - they are just great shots - and that's something I really appreciate. The analogue versus digital look just does not matter here.

I think you'll really like the images and hopefully enjoy the insight he provides into why and how he goes about his photographs.

I'm also a Sony FE/Canon EF users and think his images are very much worth looking at for anyone using that system or thinking about doing so. Any thoughts/comments/questions are of course very welcome.

Last edited:

viablex1

no doubt he is a legend,

many many of us looked at his images and then went out on our own to try to replicate his magic no joke!!

utica for the win