The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Lovely light - Lough Key forest park

Howdy folks.

Shot on a Hasselblad H3D 39 with an Arca Swiss RL3Di and a Schneider 28mm Digitar xl. 2 sets of image for a vertical stitch.

I visited Lough Key forest park in County Roscommon a couple of times recently. It was for the 1st time in 37 years. The last time I can remember been there was on the day of my Holy Communion in fact!. I checked out the forest the day before and I came across this amazing location where the place just came alive at a certain time of day. Everything just made sense. The light was almost biblical. The mosses came alive from the back lit sunlight and I managed to get this incredible star burst. I knew I had to be there at the same time next day. My main goal was to shoot a 360. I took this vertical pano first. Half way through the 360 I get "card full" and I was like nooooo. I realised I had left all my cards in the bloody car which was a good walk away. I started deleting images which I knew were junk to try and free space but it didn't work out. I had to go back a second day a few weeks ago which worked out fine. I got the shot and much more. I'll post them as I process them.

On a side note it's my first image processed on Anders's Lumariver HDR software. I must say. It offers amazing depth to the image