The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

street images, any camera

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I couldn't get it to work either, will try this.

For me "street" is all about the man on the street, life as it is, I'm not entirely sure that street can even be current, I feel that the power in the old black and white images comes from the fact that it's not now, it's also not focused on diffraction, corner sharpness, mtf, evf, esp, it's just the image. I could obviously be talking utter bollocks!

Here's one that fits all of Jorgen's criteria!, b&w, 35mm, slightly out of focus and probably at f8! Must be street.

Good one Mat, and it fills another criteria as well: it shows a context.

Now, I cannot like (now I can). Last night, I could not edit, so I've edited my ramblings now, heavily. Hope they make more sense. I'm not sure. Haven't had breakfast yet. I'll have some pickled herring and a cup of oolong tea to get things started :p

J

JohnW

I took a walk around the block after lunch and saw these folks but didn't have a camera with me. So I ran back up to my 5th floor office and grabbed my X-M1. They were still there when I got back down.

John

Knorp

I took a walk around the block after lunch and saw these folks but didn't have a camera with me. So I ran back up to my 5th floor office and grabbed my X-M1. They were still there when I got back down.

John
I take it you asked them for permission before you pressed the button, John :p
Any idea what they were doing there ?

Kind regards.

Arjuna

Well, I was walking the streets of Kathmandu recently, before the earthquake, so I have a few. Leica M8.2, 35 mm Summarit:

M

mjr

Evening.

Seems we have little interest here, in an attempt to spark some life, here's a couple of shots from this afternoon, streets of Bamako, iphone shot through bullet proof glass in an armoured vehicle, I like them.