The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Artful pics of flora...

k-hawinkler

Absolutely, K-H. When both C1 and Helicon are ready for Catalina, I'll certainly start stacking !

:salute:
Both C1 and Helicon Focus work in Catalina on my Apple trash can as separate and not integrated applications.

What doesn’t work obviously is the Helicon plugin for CS6 as CS6 is not supported on Catalina. You may be more lucky with PS CC.

Excuses, excuses, excuses ... as far as I can tell. :cry:

Knorp

Both C1 and Helicon Focus work in Catalina on my Apple trash can as separate and not integrated applications.

What doesn’t work obviously is the Helicon plugin for CS6 as CS6 is not supported on Catalina. You may be more lucky with PS CC.

Excuses, excuses, excuses ... as far as I can tell. :cry:
I'm not really interested in anything other than C1.
If indeed you've got both C1 and Helicon working in Catalina, why not also try the free plug-in ?

Krgds

k-hawinkler

So I am only talking here about the HeliconFocus plugin for C1Pro12 in order to hand over processing a stack of images directly from C1 to Helicon.

Indeed that works provided System Integrity Protection is disabled in Catalina. :banghead:
Me thinks that's not such a good idea. :loco:
YMMV. :facesmack:

HeliconFocus as a stand-alone application seems to be working fine.

Last edited:

Knorp

So I am only talking here about the HeliconFocus plugin for C1Pro12 in order to hand over processing a stack of images directly from C1 to Helicon.

Indeed that works provided System Integrity Protection is disabled in Catalina. :banghead:
Me thinks that's not such a good idea. :loco:
YMMV. :facesmack:

HeliconFocus as a stand-alone application seems to be working fine.
Alas, such is the life of a guinea pig ... :grin:

pegelli

I've been playing with Helicon Focus today. What I found is that a large smooth background is not ideal and needs quite a bit of retouching.

But here's some results

From a stack of 14:

The third from that sequence:

And another one, stack of 18:

The first from that sequence

And a last one, just a single shot, didn't attempt a sequence for this one:

All A7ii + Voigtländer APO Lanthar 65/2 macro