Site Sponsors

Thread: Iceland Portfolio May '15

Post Thanks / Like

Iceland Portfolio May '15

I have just completed my latest black and white portfolio, which comprises of images from around the country. I was just about able to complete a circuit, despite the worst/latest winter in decades preventing spring from taking root!

You can read about the trip here, see a more images and then the rest of the portfolio.

As some of you may know, I shot almost 40% of the images on the Ricoh GR on the last trip (well, its a Pentax really) and the rest on the Sony A7 and A7R, which I love. The 645Z of course also has a Sony family sensor and its great to work with files that have so much in common. The 645Z blew me away with its performance and I will write about that in due course. What a camera...

If you have any questions, please ask!

PS. I shot with the 28-45mm SR, 75mm FA and 80-160mm A lenses. While I took the 35mm A with me, I only checked it was performing fine and stuck to the zoom for actual use to save lens changes. Besides, the zoom is a stunning performer and something Sony needs to learn from for their 35mm cameras.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Iceland Portfolio May '15

Quote Originally Posted by turtle View Post

You can read about the trip here, see a more images and then the rest of the portfolio.

...The 645Z of course also has a Sony family sensor and its great to work with files that have so much in common. The 645Z blew me away with its performance and I will write about that in due course. What a camera...

PS. I shot with the 28-45mm SR, 75mm FA and 80-160mm A lenses. While I took the 35mm A with me, I only checked it was performing fine and stuck to the zoom for actual use to save lens changes. Besides, the zoom is a stunning performer and something Sony needs to learn from for their 35mm cameras.
    Stunning and inspirational work, Tom. I looked at every image in the portfolio and love every one of them. They're each unique and capture a sense of ordered chaos that I don't see often in landscape photography. Thanks for sharing your work with the rest of us.

I agree with your assessment of the Pentax 645Z. What a wonderful camera! The dynamic range, high ISO performance, resolution, and rendering are simply the best I've ever experienced. Even the legacy lenses perform "above their weight class". I just got the 28-45mm zoom last week and look forward to the shooting experience.

Joe

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Tom, I echo all of Joe's words...your images are stunning and found myself returning to them repeatedly. Combined with your naritivd and travel log, is there a possibility of putting it all into a book? In the meantime I'll keep revisiting your posting. Thank!

Dave (D&A)

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Dave, thanks for your kinds words! By book, are you referring to Iceland specifically, or something more general?