The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

3 new forest panoramics

Howdy folks.

Here are 3 new 360 degree forest panoramics I thought I'd show you.

The 1st image is from one of my favourite forest locations in the country. It's the lovely Gougane Barra forest Park in County Cork. A really special place. If you are ever in Cork, you really should head there. It's so accessible and there is a nice old school hotel near the entrance. (The hotel itself is located in an amazing location beside this church)

This one is from a small woodland called Cascade Wood in County Cork. You have to go onto private property to access the wood. When I drove up to the house owner I initially startled her but I convinced the poor old lady that I wasn't a threat. It tuned out she is an artist. We chatted for ages and she unlocked a gate and showed me exactly where I needed to go.

The last one is a revisit to Lough Key Forest Park to get the photo I initially wanted but thanks to leaving my extra memory cards in the car that was a no no on the 1st time. ;D

The images are a bit lost at this size. You can check all 3 here on my website. Make sure to click "View Larger image" each time.

All photos were taken with a Hasselblad H3D 39 on an Arca Swiss RL3Di using either a Schneider 28mm xl or 35mm xl. An Arca Swiss Cube is very useful for these shots

I spent the morning working on the image to remove the 3 tree shadows in the middle of the first pic

I left the shadows on the 3 middle trees mostly as they were bar a few minor tweaks. *This is the images on my site also if you want to look at the larger size.

segedi

Great panos! I don't mind the shadows in the first image. It gives the image a bit more variance and contour.