The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

PAW -- Picture A Week -- Have fun!

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I picked up the "new to me" Zuiko 75mm yesterday, and went outside the shop to do a sharpness test. I'm not sure who won the test, the lens or the dog :)

GX8 with Zuiko 75mm f/1.8 @ f/1.8

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Grab shot through a darkened car window, but you should get the message: There's not really any limit as to how much you can stack on top of a 100cc motorbike :)

GX8 with Zuiko 75mm f/1.8 @ f/1.8

Knorp

while you're there anyway ...

in the foreground: goonz squad
in the background: gypsy orchestra roma mirando

pegelli

Our story of this week, two weeks ago we became foster home to Jumpy, a 7 year German Wirehair Pointer, from an animal shelter. He was a very gentle, kind and smart dog and started to settle nicely in our household. However due to some unforeseen problems we had to return him to the shelter today. It's amazing how soon you bond with such a loyal animal and it felt strange and empty returning home after dropping him off. Although he was supposed to stay much longer with us I fortunately took lots of photographs of him during his stay, so next to a warm spot in my wife's and my heart he also got a spot on my hard drive to keep the good memories alive.

A6000 + Nokton 35/1.2 II

Knorp

Our story of this week, two weeks ago we became foster home to Jumpy, a 7 year German Wirehair Pointer, from an animal shelter. He was a very gentle, kind and smart dog and started to settle nicely in our household. However due to some unforeseen problems we had to return him to the shelter today. It's amazing how soon you bond with such a loyal animal and it felt strange and empty returning home after dropping him off. Although he was supposed to stay much longer with us I fortunately took lots of photographs of him during his stay, so next to a warm spot in my wife's and my heart he also got a spot on my hard drive to keep the good memories alive.

A6000 + Nokton 35/1.2 II
That's a rather sad story, Pieter.
I'm sorry you had to return the poor lad.
Take care.

Kind regards.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
My father passed away last Monday at the age of 91. Although he had been physically handicapped all his life and had spent the last 10 years in a wheelchair, he was mentally very strong until the last week. The evening before he died, he stated very clearly that enough was enough and that he would like to leave, which he did the following morning without drama of any kind.

There were traditional Buddhist funeral rites for three days that culminated with the cremation yesterday, and the spreading of his ashes on the Bay of Siam according to his own wishes early this morning. A great journey has come to an end.

The photo is from the ceremony this morning, my brother to the left, then my father's wife and her family.

GX8 with Pana 12-35mm f/2.8 @ 20mm and f/5

Last edited: